Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Flaky Pastry Dough

Flour-4C
Salt-1tsp
Unsalted butter-1 1/2C plus 3 Tbl, cut into cubes
Ice water-3/4C

This is what the recipe says to do-
In a food processor, combine the flour and salt and pulse briefly to mix. Scatter the butter over the top and pulse just until the mixture forms coarse crumbs about the size of peas. Drizzle the ice water over the flour mixture and pulse just until the dough starts to come together. Transfer to a work surface, divide into 3 equal portions, and press each into a flat disk.
 Can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer  for up to 1 month. If freezing, wrap in plastic then place in a heavy duty resealable plastic bag; thaw overnight in the fridge before using.

What I do-
 Just use my Kitchen Aid mixer. With the above instructions. My food processor is so LOUD!! I think the next county over can hear the squeel of horribleness. It prompts my children to pull out the heavy duty construction worthy ear muff protectors.
 If you don't have either of those tools, I am sure that a hand mixer would work just as well. That's what I used to do before I had my mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment